Officer II - Legal Affairs
To direct and control the provision of effective legal services to Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) and to provide legal advice to
managers and staff so that KFAS meets its legal obligations, and to protect its interests.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assist in the preparation of all legal documents required by managers and staff to ensure that these are accurate and legally sound.
- Provide legal advice to managers and staff on the interpretation of statutes and legal documents to ensure that the actions they take are
- Represent the organization at courts, committees and tribunals on routine matters to ensure that the organization’s interests are
- Draft, review and amend legal documents either drafted by, or sent to, the organization.
- Monitor the progress of legal transactions to ensure that the correct actions are taken at the appropriate times.
- Instruct KFAS appointed counsel where necessary.
- Negotiate, and draft and implement, complex legal agreements relating to the work of KFAS.
- Represent KFAS at meetings with external bodies to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered.
- Maintain an awareness
Key Interactions and Relationships
- Board of Directors
- Director General
- Senior Management
- Shareholding Companies
- Courts and Tribunals
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors of Law (LLB)
- Admitted Attorney
- 8 years’ experience within a corporate environment in a legal position
- Experience and knowledge in the Kuwaiti legal system and institutions
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Organization Building and Resourcing
- Decision Making
- Driving and Managing Change
- Building Partnerships
- Visioning and Alignment
- Legal Compliance
- Collect and Interpret Information
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Risk Analysis & Management