Instructional Design Lab – Manager
Lead the Instructional Design Lab (IDL). IDL is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing media presentation of content for offered
courses. Media include web-pages, animations, engaging activities, simulations, assessments, and short instructional videos.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- 1. Assist top management in setting, updating, implementing, and evaluating IDL overall strategy.
- Develop relevant policies and procedures pertaining to the IDL.
- Keep up with applied instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Oversee instructional design activities of related processes.
- Oversee integrating instructional material with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Monitor continuous improvement and quality control of offered courses
- Negotiate with experts/trainers and external training providers to design and deliver a comprehensive core in-house instructional material.
- Collaborate with vendors in developing instructional material.
- Develop and implement new initiatives that enhance course offerings by using emerging trends in teaching and learning.
- Ensure that all created learning activities are engaging, compelling, and enhance transfer and retention.
- Advise management on size, structure, and caliber related to staffing the IDL
- Manage IDL staff in executing their respective responsibilities.
- Establish the performance plans for direct subordinates. Guide IDL supervisors in establishing performance plans for their respective subordinates.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for all employees within the Department.
- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the Department through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
Key Interactions and Relationships
- Upper management.
- Higher-Education Department.
- IT & Operation Department.
- Local/regional corporations.
- Local/regional/global training content providers.
- Subject-matter experts
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional/graphics design, educational technologies, computing, or a related field.
- Knowledge of various methods of teaching, assessment and instruction.
- Knowledge of web-development, computer animation and video editing.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts.
- Skills in Lesson planning is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience.
- Proven working experience in instructional design, instructional technology, or web development and web integration.